Whether you have general aches and pains; Or injuries caused from sport, your occupation or simply activities of daily living.
These problems are often unavoidable and that’s why we created the Opus gel Compression Wrap!
The debate between hot and cold therapy for the treatment of such problems will likely continue among health professionals for years to come. Regardless, the Hexyoo team prefers cold therapy (but don’t worry, your Opus gel Wrap can also be used Hot!).
The term "cryotherapy" comes from the Greek cryo (κρύο) meaning cold, and therapy (θεραπεία) meaning cure. It is likely one of the simplest and oldest forms of therapeutic modality.
Cold therapy has been shown to:
- Decrease tissue temperature
- Reduce pain
- Minimize inflammation
- Aid in recovery of acute soft tissue injuries
Current recommendations for optimal use varies!
Recommendations range from 10-20 minutes, 2-4 times/day up to 20-30 minutes every 2 hours.
Regardless of the fact that therapists and researchers can’t decide on the optimal approach, there are some KEY POINTS that are critical to the success of cold therapy:
- A temperature reduction of 5-15°C has been shown to reduce post-traumatic swelling (Matsen et al., 1975)
- Applying ice for more than 30 min should be avoided and it should preferably not exceed 20 min (Drez et al.)
- An optimal tissue temperature reduction of 10° to 15° C may be necessary
- A recent systematic review suggested that intermittent 10-minute ice treatments are most effective
- Cold + Compression helps reduce swelling, by increasing external pressure on the tissue to prevent edema. This allows for a faster time for temperature reduction of the tissue.
RESULTS OF OUR SCIENTIFIC TESTING SHOWS THAT OPUS GEL ADDRESSES ALL OF THE ABOVE POINTS BETTER THAN ICE!
Thermal imaging demonstrates our GELs ability to transfer heat out of the tissue and provide immediate cooling!
Hexyoo Scientific Inc. cares about product testing to ensure our products are of the highest standards and that our claims are backed by scientific testing and validation!
To ensure that our Opus gel can be an effective treatment option, we tested its ability to decrease skin temperature in a university research laboratory.
Step 1: Skin temperature sensors placed over the forearm
Step 2: Opus gel Compression wrap removed from the freezer and placed around the forearm. Additional temperature sensors secured.
OPUS GEL can decrease skin temperature by over 14 degrees in just under 3 minutes!
No need to worry about leaving the gel on for too long like ice! Our GEL slowly returns to body temperature.
One competitor wrap can only be put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes (or it will not remain pliable) – This is not long enough to get the desired temperature reduction.
Our Opus gel Compression Wrap causes skin temperature to decrease by over 14 degrees and with the wrap in place, takes a long time to return to normal skin temperature.